Baby shower is a party where adults gather to play baby-themed games, eat tiny food, and predict the future weight of an unborn human. It's a gathering where everyone pretends to know the difference between a onesie and a romper, hapilly eating cupcakes shaped like pacifiers, and competes for the title of 'best diaper changer'. It's a celebration where you are gifting someone who can't drink, eat sushi, or sleep through the night for the next 18 years.
The baby shower is typically organized by a close friend or family member of the expectant mother. This person is usually referred to as the "host" of the baby shower and takes on the responsibility of planning and coordinating the event, the one who sends out the invitations, chooses the venue, plans the menu, and arranges the decorations and activities for the event. However, the expectant mother can also be involved in the planning process and provide her preferences and ideas for the shower.
Ultimately, the goal is to create a fun and memorable event that celebrates the upcoming arrival of the baby and shows support and love for the new parents-to-be. Here are some ideas to throw a baby shower!
1. Have a "baby wishes" tree: Set up a small tree and provide guests with blank cards where they can write down their wishes for the baby. Then have them tie the cards onto the branches of the tree, creating a beautiful and meaningful centerpiece.
2. Create a photo booth: Set up a backdrop, props, and a camera so guests can take fun and silly pictures to commemorate the event. You can also print out the photos and give them to guests as party favors.
3. Decorate baby onesies: Provide guests with plain white onesies and fabric markers so they can decorate them with fun designs and messages for the baby. This activity is not only fun but also provides the parents-to-be with a collection of personalized onesies.
4. Guess the baby food: Blindfold guests and have them taste-test different flavors of baby food. The guest who correctly guesses the most flavors wins a prize.
5. Have a diaper raffle: Encourage guests to bring a pack of diapers to the shower for a chance to win a prize. For every pack of diapers they bring, they get one entry into the raffle.
6. Set up a dessert bar: Create a dessert bar with different sweets and treats for guests to enjoy. You can also have a cake or cupcakes with a cute baby-themed design.
7. Have a baby book station: Provide guests with a blank baby book and stickers, markers, and other decorations so they can create a unique and personalized keepsake for the parents-to-be.
These are just a few ideas, but the possibilities are endless! You can get as creative and unique as you like with your baby shower, and don't forget to have fun and enjoy the celebration.
More related posts: